100th Day Craze

Umm…I am still recovering from yesterday’s 100th day extravaganza. I don’t know what it is about changing things up and not following a routine, but I am pretty sure that the 100th day has a way of making you feel 100…no joke! So tired!  However, it was totally worth all of the work, because we sure had a wonderful day celebrating all of the success that we have had in the first 100 days of school.

Are you ready for a highlight reel?!?

Happy 100th DaySlide1

Our 100th day hats turned out super cute…even if I do say so myself. :) You can’t tell my secret, but the 100 feathers was my absolute fave.

Slide3Slide2

 Slide4 Slide5

Slide1 
Love this one too! All eyes on Jesus! :)

No worries, we only lost a few hundred objects as we walked down the hall and transitioned from activity to activity. Ha!

For morning work, the kids came in and wrote about what they would do with 100 bucks. So many of them wrote about what they would buy their sweet, sweet teacher! That may or may not have been because I threatened to take recess away for the rest of their days if they didn’t share! :) Ha! Then, they put their picture in the middle of a $100 bill.

Slide6

During our Mission Possible Math, I changed things up to make it a little more, umm…celebration like? If they made a 100, {for the 100th day} they got to write all of their answers on balloons. Then the fun began and they all got to pop their balloon.

Slide2

During math, we continued in our study of division and explored the many different ways to divide 100 objects. Here is a little group dividing 100 smarties {since they are now…oh so smart} into 50 equal groups. I mean…honestly…check OUT that feather hat! It cracks me up!

Slide3

Who is that super stylin’ 100 year old?!? Ha! Our 100th day writing consisted of the students sharing what they predict life will be like in 100 years. Do you see the “Senior Citizen Discount”? I almost FELL OUT in the floor when I heard one of my cuties suggest that they would totally go to all of their favorite restaurants just to get the discount. OH. My. Word!

Slide7

Here is one of my favorite writings of the day. {My super fab pictures skills should be noted….NOT!}

Slide7

Slide8

Then we used our pictures and cotton balls to create a self portrait!

Slide8Slide9

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Slide5

And check out those crazy 100th day glasses!

Slide4 

We did several other activities, but I swear it was a challenge just to get these shots in yesterday. I was steady taking pictures of the winners of the hat parade as they silly stringed our principal…just to find out that my dang memory card was in my computer. Can we say…blonde moment?!? Ha!

If you haven’t celebrated the 100th day of school, you can find all of these resources in my 100th Day Craze unit at my TPT shop!

Slide1

Well, Happy 101st day! :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like your kids had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love your door! I am going to "steal" that from you! I tried to make one the other day, but forgot to leave it long enough to make the strings! DUH! Glad our 100th day isn't until Monday! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it!!! Our 100th day is on the 8th! :)

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! LOVE IT!!!! that feather hat is amazing, I mean they all are! and that writing was hilarious!


    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many adorable and fun displays in your class. Makes me want a class of my own so much. Thanks for inspirations xx

    Daydreams of a Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the cute hats!!

    You've been tagged! Come over to my blog to see what it's all about. If you want to!
    -Emily
    http://circusoflearning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the fun activities and the door decoration.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete