Do you have the desire to inspire? {Subway Art}

I am about 90% confident that I would have saved myself loads of time if I had just set up camp in my classroom this weekend! I am trying to pull it all together in the next week before I leave for my cruise! I will not think about school while I am on my cruise. {I am hoping if I repeat this multiple times each day…it will become a reality!} Ha! No really, I am super excited about a nice little vacay before the year begins.

Ok…back to classroom stuff! So…I am a sucker for motivational quotes and thoughts. I LOVE them! They always pump me up for a great day and I love using them with my kids. They love them too. I even used them last year in second grade and we had some great discussions about what our weekly quotes meant not only for ourselves, but for our classroom family! I was always amazed at how deep they really thought into the words of each quote! Such insight for such young minds!

3

Along with quotes, I also really like the look of subway art! So, I have meshed the two and I am OBSESSED! Here is a look at my positive thoughts wall! It is front and center so that we can feel inspired all day long!

Slide8

I love for my classroom to grow as my kid’s grow, so it will not look like this when my kiddos walk in on the first day of school. Each frame will have a black piece of paper instead of a quote. Then, during the first eight weeks of school, I will unveil one motivational thought each week. We will discuss the meaning of the words and how it can apply to each student in the classroom.

Slide9

{I found the frames at Hobby Lobby on SALE! Painted them and ta-da! I also purchased a few from the Dollar Store! Isn’t it amazing what a little paint can do?}

Like I said…obsessed! This is probably the best part of my room! I am totally inspired for a new year {almost!} ;) Aren’t you?!?

Next up on the checklist…classroom rules! My rules are also very modern and will be framed in my classroom much like my inspirational quotes. Rules are on the “to do” list for tomorrow, so hopefully I will have a picture all ready for you!

Until then, I have compiled a little décor pack just in case you would like an easy way to build confidence and motivate your kiddos all year long! This pack includes 66 pages of inspirational words and classroom rules. I made three sets of rules before I was satisfied, so I included each set for you! Choose the one you like best! The first two sets of rules are very modern and require very little ink for all of my friends on an ink budget! I love the clean look! I am going for the whole less is more thing {I am not very good at that!} :)

Slide1

You can check this out on TPT by clicking on the picture below!

Slide1

I did manage to get a few other things accomplished this weekend for my classroom! I finally had the time to sit down and make my crate seats that I have so desperately wanted since last year!

Slide4 Slide3

Love how they turned out! Thanks to my sweet friend, Rachelle for a great tutorial!

Thanks to my little helper, my classroom should be ready in no time!

Slide2  Slide5

She is SO not ready for summer vacation to be over! Poor baby!

Slide7

Happy Sunday!

34 comments:

  1. Love those quotes and the frames!! Such a neat idea!

    Kiah
    kiah.m.berg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!

    Jenna
    frederickjennam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your crate seats and motivational wall!

    -Becky
    Lesson plans & Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, the frames are great! Your seats are very cute, too! And your helper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those quotes are absolutely amazing and how you displayed them makes them POP!!! Enjoy your cruise!!

    Erin
    Math with Ms. McCown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope- I LOVE these!!!! When I finish my organizational chores this week, I will treat myself with this purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe framed quotes look terrific! I had a lot of motivational posters up in my room but I just might have to fancy them up like you have. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!
    Wendy
    One Happy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Marianna
    Delightfully Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quotes and your frames!!
    Jessica


    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you also find that Chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby? I saw it a while ago and LOVE IT!!!

    Question: How do you get the frames to stay up? Command hooks?
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing. I just bought them from your TPT store. I have the perfect spot in my room to do this. Thank you for sharing this great idea! I think it will really make a positive difference with my students. Plus they are gorgeous!

    ✰Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quotes! I'm doing something similar in my classroom, utilizing quotes from the Wizard of Oz (since that's our classroom theme). I'm also going to make a few inspirational posters with Wordle.

    Sarah
    There's No Place Like Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! This inspired me! I LOVE it!

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  14. The subway art looks amazing against the black! LoVe It!
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your crates came out AMAZING! I just made mine last week and I am having a little party Wednesday at my house to make some more with other teacher friends! I am also LOVING your subway art motivational quotes. =) I love the bright colors.

    Ginger Snaps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love, the subway art! With the frames it just looks too cute and colorful! Thanks for sharing!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! EVERYTHING LOOK SOOOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!! I'm in love with your decor pack!!!! Best pack I've seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The crates are absolutely beautiful! I love the patterns. I need to decorate my room and love these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pictures of your puppy! She's a Bichon Frise, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also bought those frames. I have been wondering what to do with them!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Rachel
    the tattooed teacher

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute! The crates are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your picture frames, this is truly inspiring and good for children to read. They will learn the virtues of these quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!!! Enjoy your cruise!! So jealous!

    http://thoughtsofateacher-lvrana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your statement of Cruise... where are you going? The only reason I ask is because I am going on a cruise next Sunday too... We are cruising to Alaska. Not my choice but have to give the hubby one wish every 10+ years! Love you frames!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't get enough of your creative ideas! Love it! I am hosting a giveaway! Come on over and check it out!

    Keeping It Core

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you displayed the quotes! How do you hang them up without falling throughout the year?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Hope! I have always been a fan of your page. I think you are such an inspiring teacher! Last year was my first year teaching and have fallen even more in love with it. I can hardly wait for this upcoming school year to begin. I have actually also made the seat crates and LOVE IT! I love your idea of the frames. I will have to stop by and buy it from your TPT. I am new to the blogging world and would love for you and for anyone who sees this to check out my blog! I know it takes time to get followers and such, but please feel free to give me advice if you have any! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Ivania
    inmyownlittleteachingworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, love the subway art-want to buy the package, but want to ask, how did you get the pictures to hang on the bulletin board in a frame! I have a bulletin board perfect for them and want to get the frames and paint them, just am unclear how you hung them. Please advise-thanks so much!
    Jacque
    jacquedillard@me.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this! I am too scared to hot glue to the paper because I don't want it to rip!

      Delete
  29. Hope - how did your crate seats hold up? Everyone seems to be re-doing theirs this year.

    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  30. My Little Desire, le site d'e-commerce de lingerie sexy de marque et de sex toys chics pour pimenter votre vie

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete