It's About to Get Real!



Hey, hey…friends! Wow! It literally feels like it has been an eternity since I have been on my sweet little blog. Life has been crazy (to say the least), and if I am being honest, it was necessary to take a little hiatus from this part of my life. Now, don’t get me wrong…I love blogging, but it is a lot of work, y’all. {And let all of my blogging buddies say, AMEN!} So for those of you who have mentioned that I can do it all and wonder if I ever sleep, the answer is no! And truth be told…I just needed a little rest. Trust me, I am completely human and get tired like all of you. This is me being completely real and saying that everyone needs a good break here and there. BUT...I am back in action and excited to begin sharing the gobzillion ideas swirling around in my head. But first, let me catch you up! 

So…where in the world have I been all this time? 

As many of you know, my husband was hired on to teach at the Ron Clark Academy. We moved to Atlanta at the end of July, and since I didn’t have the time needed to find a teaching job, I had planned to take a year off and focus on some other opportunities to build myself as an educator. I was thrilled about the opportunity to better my resources on TPT and present for SDE to get my teacher fix here and there. However, {and this is a BIG however} I quickly figured out that the whole staying at home thing was absolutely NOT for me. Fact: I MUST be around people. I was literally going crazy. Y'all think that I am kidding, but no...really...I was crazy! If you don't believe me, ask my husband. I began praying that the Lord would reveal His plan for me. I somehow knew that he didn't send me to Atlanta to sit in my condo and be sad...all...the dang...time! :) I missed the classroom like crazy, but didn't feel like being a substitute was his plan for me. Although patience is not a major strength I possess, I refused to make a move until the Lord was good and ready for me to make a move in His direction. As always, He was {is and will always be} faithful. 


Love this verse! 


So....here is the big reveal!

Now, I am proud to say that I am also working at the Ron Clark Academy and couldn’t be any happier about this opportunity. The Lord worked everything out in HIS time, and I am so thankful that I waited for Him to reveal His plan for me as an educator. I am working in the development office and getting to experience the business side of school. Although I am missing the classroom atmosphere like crazy, I am honestly enjoying a little welcomed break and am thrilled about this new challenge in my career.  I still have a huge hunger for teaching and am pretty certain that I will return to the classroom, but right now I am down with this wonderful opportunity and perfectly content about the fact that I get to learn from the absolute best at RCA. The Academy truly is  a magical place, and I am so blessed to be part of their team. I never thought I would leave the classroom, but it is so funny how God has an absolute purpose for our life..one that at times, does not match our own. Now onto more important things...if you are ever in Atlanta, you MUST come to RCA and visit me! The RCA experience is honestly the best professional development that I have ever witnessed.  When I visited the academy four years ago, I didn't want to leave. Now, I don't have to! ;) I am also the RCA Blue Dragon's Cheerleading Sponsor! #what?what? 

Thankfully, I am still going to have plenty of time to bring the 1,000,000 ideas I have for resources to TPT. Seriously, I have a list a mile long, and I think I have finally figured this new life out. So…I am back in action and getting ready to create up a storm.  I will also be presenting for SDE at several up and coming conferences. This means that maybe…just maybe…I will get the chance to meet some of you…in real life!

I am also trying to squeeze in my marathon training which is coming up in January. Now that I think about it...I better get on that! ;) 

So life is about to get real…real busy that is! I was able to catch up on a little rest this past month and am now good to go for another year or two! So now, you are all caught up with my life. Thanks to all of you who follow along with my journey both inside and outside of the classroom! :) Now, I am certain that...


I'll be back soon with some fun ideas! :) 
Happy Tuesday, my sweet friends! 

22 comments:

  1. Hey Hope! I've been following along with you since you were in SC. I knew you moved here to ATL. I live here too and teach in Gwinnett. I am uber jealous that both you and your husband are at RCA. I got to hear Ron Clark speak at a high school here a couple of years ago and it was amazing. But I have always wanted to go see the school, let alone work there. You are living my dream right now. WOW!
    I may have to pick your brain sometime.
    - Sydney
    sydcohn@gmail.com
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad everything worked out! God is so wonderful! :)

    -Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the job! And yay for the conference opportunities!!! The good Lord always works things out! So happy for you and the hubby! And I hope you guys are enjoy Atlanta so far! :)

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for being patient and letting His plan reveal itself!! You are truly a delight and I know that the RCA team is blessed to have you!! I wish nothing but success for you on your new adventure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! And congrats on the job! That sounds like an amazing experience! I totally know what you mean about needing to be around people!! I always get so excited for school breaks and plan to get a million things done, but if I am alone all day then it just does not happen! Can't wait to see all the fabulous ideas you've been storing up!

    Molly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing blessing from the Lord. You have always blessed others with your work and now you are being blessed in return. Congratulations on your new position. I have enjoyed reading Ron Clark's books and know that you will develop even more educational and personal skills by working at the Academy. Much luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is good!!!! Love you, sweet friend. You are so amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job! What an amazing opportunity for you.
    I love Mr. Clark :)
    tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure awesomeness Hope! I knew you couldn't stay away from kids for long!! RCA is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing opportunity!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Hope! Way to go. They are the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing opportunity! Congrats on your new position and lots of luck!!

    Ashley
    Rockin' in Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! Good for you...can't wait to see what's to come! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds super exciting and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! That is awesome news! I've heard Ron Clark speak a few times and he was absolutely amazing. :) I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you come up with for TPT. I agree, staying home is not for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great feeling! God is good. Congratulations!! ~April

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always wanted to visit RCA! I am looking forward to reading more about your experience there.
    Forever A Teacher, Forever A Learner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page. So good to see you here blogging. So many deserted blogs these days. Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://cholesterolfreerecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am totally connecting with your post!! I am staying home with my baby boy this year (and probably will be at home as we have baby number two on the way and daycare is ridiculously expensive) and I really miss teaching. I was that teacher who was ALWAYS at school, got there early, stayed late and always did the extra stuff for my kids. It is hard being at home in a completely new environment but I love being with my son. I also love that TPT and the blogging world helps me stay somewhat connected. God really is great and always comes through. Blessings to you and your new adventure!

    Dixie
    Teachin' Little Texans

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would LOVE to visit RCA. I've read and reread Ron Clark's books and just get taken away with his description of his school, colleagues, and students. I know you and your husband are having a blast and learning a lot. Keep it up! God is good!

    ReplyDelete